Blog Entries

OneBrownGirl in Paris: Five Year Birthday Soirée




Tuesday, October 01, 2013
Source: Cakeswebake.com
I just got to Paris. I think it's Wednesday already. I left on Monday morning from San Francisco and arrived on Tuesday morning...which was yesterday, right?  It's 4am now. I fell asleep after I went to the local market (it was daylight then) just to make sure I had food in the apartment. I figured I would be hungry whenever I woke up. I was right as evidenced by the baguette crumbs all over my face. I'm so tired right now. Giddy and tired. Jet lag ain't no joke.

Source: Karaspartyideas.com
Paris is one of my favorite places. Not my favorite in the whole world, mind you, but definitely in the higher part of my Top 5. I feel inspired here. I have had epiphanies here, remarkable dreams here, made new discoveries here, and had really good food here. About an hour ago, I got this really bright idea to have a party here. OMG. A party in Paris! I even trip myself out sometimes, but how cool is that??! #inspired

Source: Capcy.com

Next year, OBG Adventures (aka OneBrownGirl in Paris) will celebrate its fifth year of bringing small groups of (grown) women to Paris so that they might get a slice of Parisian life. For some of these women, they are getting their very first passport and it is their first trip outside of the United States. For others, it is merely their first trip to Paris. Either way, I enjoy being a part of it all and setting them up in their own Paris apartments, etc., and I'm going to have a party to celebrate. In Paris. *eye twinkle*

And while OBG in Paris' Five Year Birthday Soirée won't go down until November 2014, I pulled some party photos from the Web (Flickr, Pinterest and Tumblr) that might give you an indication of my personal party style. I'm not promising to replicate these images, but I'm hoping you'll be there so you can see for yourself. (And yes, this is what people do at 4am when they can't sleep.) Catch ya later... #timeforanap



 
















*La Fin*

4 comments:

Stephanie Allen on: October 2, 2013 at 8:12 AM said...

I am so excited that I will be a part of that!!!! #PARIS2014ORBUST

Single Ma on: October 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM said...

That sounds like an AWESOME idea! I'd love to party with you in Paris!

Keyonda on: November 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM said...

AMAZING!

Cathy Harris on: November 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM said...

Hey Tracey!
It's Cathy from last year's Paris trip and I have to say the last 2 weeks I was feeling a void in my life and kinda crank. I couldn't figure out why until my girlfriend said wow this time last year you were in Paris! Damn...can I say that? No wonderI'm feeling out of sorts!! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Paris and you've created such a smart, seamless affordable way to go! I've recommended you to sooo many girlfriends and I told them they owe it to themselves to go with OBG to Paris!

I may just go again for the big soiree! I do love a good party!!

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Google+ Friends!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

Follow by Email

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...

Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved