Blog Entries

Spotlight on One Brown Girl




Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Spotlight on Amy Hodgepodge
"For those of you who don't know, my name is Amy Hodges, but my friend, Lola, nicknamed me 'Amy Hodgepodge' because I'm Japanese, African-American, Korean and White.  I'm kind of shy-it's always just been me and my doggy, Giggles.  I'd been homeschooled my entire life, but when we moved to Dyver City, I talked my parents into letting me attend a real school.  Unfortunately, I got off to a rough start at Emerson Charter School.  Some kids were mean and teased me about looking different, which really made me sad.  But then I met a cool group of kids who became my new best friends."  To read more from the delightful childrens book series Amy Hodgepodge, please click here.

0 comments:

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved