Blog Entries

Being Polynesian




Wednesday, June 02, 2010
I went to a festival over Memorial Day Weekend and saw some Polynesian dancers turn. it. out. Graceful hand movements, beautiful smiles, wicked hips and drummers drumming are what I remember most.  As usual, I envisioned myself on stage in my Polynesian Brown Girl outfit swaying my hips softly like ocean waves and then churning it up and turning it out like the Polynesian girls do.  (I might have mentioned this before, but I have this thing about being all of the different cultures that I celebrate so much.  Right now, I want to be Polynesian.  Tomorrow, I'll want to be something else.  Do not judge me.  LOL.) 
I have plans to go to Hawaii this year and maybe even to the South Pacific at some point in 2011, but for now I have my over-active imagination and this blog to take me anywhere I want to go.  Think I'll stick a flower in my hair, go to Whole Foods and get myself a pineapple and create my own little island in my head for the day.  Do you ever use your imagination to transport yourself to another place or time?  Aloha.  =)


1 comments:

Anonymous on: June 2, 2010 at 5:29 PM said...

Facebook comments:

All the time.

YES I DO!

Yes, all the time!

YES, very often!

Si.. todo el tiempo

All day every day....Right now I'm sitting right next to your boutique waiting on my bag............Haaaaaa haaa haaa.....:)

Every day.

Yes. All the time. I'm either back in South Africa on safari or somewhere in Jamaica on those beautiful white sand beaches.

All the time....it's a great release.

Yes, that's when a nice screensaver at work comes in handy.

Have done this all my life! I've taken my mind back to places and moments in those places that I loved or simply enjoyed. A healthy habit for me.

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved