Blog Entries

Carrying On




Monday, January 03, 2011
Doesn't matter what country they're from or what shade of Brown they are (or aren't), I don't think I have ever been surprised to see women carrying bundles of sticks, jugs of water, or baskets of fruit on top of their heads.  It seems....I dunno....normal.  And although I might sound redundant, every bit of research I do always takes me back to the same conclusion:  We are all so so similar and yet so so different and I find it so so cool.  We are all...as I love to say...just One Brown Girl.  =)
And so, in the spirit of our similarities and as a nod to the colorful postcard I found in France a few months ago (pictured above), I have compiled some photos of women from all over the world carrying their treasures on their heads.  See if you can guess which country/culture belongs to which group of women, whydontcha?  It'll be fun.  Here are the countriesGuatemala, Ethiopia, Myanmar, Grenada, Mexico, Barbados, Madagascar, Ghana, Bali, Mali, Seri Indian of New Mexico, Indonesia, Native American, and India.  I'll post the answers right here in the comments section of the blog next week and the first person to get them all right will get an OBG gift.  Have fun!
A.

B.

C.

D.

E.

F.

G.

H.

I.

J.

K.

L.

M.
  
N.

1 comments:

Anonymous on: January 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM said...

Guatemala J/Ethiopia D/Myanmar K/Grenada E/Mexico M/Barbadoes B/Madagascar A/Ghana I/Bali H/ Mali L/Seri Indian N/Indonesia C/Native Am. F/India G

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved