Blog Entries

OBG Show 'n Tell: How a Brown Girl Rolls




Wednesday, February 02, 2011
I find so many cool products that I thought it might be fun to post a Show N Tell item from time to time.  Starting today.  =)
I was channel surfing in October and landed on HSN.  Iman was showcasing a daily special and with her lovely Somalian accent told everyone about her fantastic travel bag.  I bought it in Black.  And I love it.  No, really.  I love it.
Iman Global Chic Croco-Embossed Luxe Rolling Bag in Black
I took it with me to the Caribbean in January and was extremely pleased with its size, shape and especially its look.  I roll with it every day I go in to work and without a doubt, every time I get on a plane.  My computer, iPad and camera fit inside along with lots of other necessities including my trusty wool wrap.  It has 3 open compartment pockets on the inside and another pocket and a zippy pocket, both on the outside.  A lady ran after me in the airport a few weeks ago so that she could find out where she could get one.  It's an attention-grabber for sure.  "I-M-A-N" I spelled for her.  "On Home Shopping Network." 
Classic and roomy.  Just like a travel bag should be.  The wheels are inline skates and it's a sturdy croco-embossed vinyl.  I can fit it in the overhead and because I don't stuff it with too much, it also fits under the airplane seat (depending on the airline).  I put my small purse inside and keep it moving.
Wanna hear the best part?  They're on e-Bay for $30 less than HSN.com.  Yep.  Plus, HSN.com only has gray and purple (both cute!) and for $79.95!  I ordered 1 of each and then cancelled because one of the HSN.com testimonials spilled the beans about how e-Bay has them for $49.95...and in red, black, charcoal and purple.  So I ordered the red one. 
The Blog Police say that I'm supposed to provide a disclaimer whenever I talk about a product, so here's the deal:  I don't know Iman.  I don't know anyone at HSN.com.  I don't know anyone at e-bay.  If I knew where to source it, I would definitely sell it on the OBG products page myself.  That being said, I am not being compensated in any way for this post.  I don't think that every little thing on a blog should be about money anyway.
The disclaimer done, I think this bag is just perfect and I thought you should know in case you're in the market for a good roller.  You can thank me later. ;-)

0 comments:

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved