Blog Entries

Spotlight on One Brown(baby) Girl...




Tuesday, September 08, 2009

10 Questions with Brownbaby, Tiffany Rose...

Tiffany Rose is an artist, a business owner, a loving daughter & sister and a brownbaby. She lives in Brooklyn, NY where she loves to walk barefoot in the park, read scripts on the train and listen to soul music during yoga. She believes in working hard and consistently but taking ample time to breathe.
1. What are your cultural origins? My mother is white (of Czech & Polish ancestry) and my father is black (African American). 2. Name 5 beautiful things about your culture. The Food! Between my Grandma's mac n' cheese, collard greens and sweet potato pie and my mom's ham & cabbage stew and adding kielbasa to just about anything...yummy!! lol. The Story. Both sides of my family have some of the most amazing and inspiring stories of struggle, strength and perseverance. I'm so blessed to be made up of so much goodness & strength. Our Family Structure. One of the things my mother loved most about being introduced to African-American culture after marrying my father was being a part of such a large, loving family. Whether it was get-togethers, meals around the table, "spirited conversations" or laughing 'til you're crying; there was [always] a feeling of warmth. Tradition. My mom's Christmas eve ritual, the creative ways we share our time together, meals we eat, and the books we read that I know will be carried on to my children, nieces and nephews. This Latest Version of My Story. There is a new and unique brownbaby story that is being written that is personal to my family and our experiences but so many can relate. Each chance we have to share and create dialogue with each other, change happens...for the better and that is so beautiful. 3. What is your favorite food outside of your own culture? Mexican food is soooo good!!! 4. What language would you like to speak? Italian. It's such a beautiful language and I think it would be amazing to travel to Italy and speak it fluently. 5. What do you like the most about your appearance? I love that when I look closely at myself in the mirror I can see so many pieces of the people I love the most. I really love that I have my mother's smile. 6. Where is the most awe-inspiring place you have visited in the world? Whether it was Jamaica, Florida or on the West Coast...I'm always at my most content when near the ocean. A simple drive along the Pacific Coast Highway is a beautiful experience. 7. Which 3 living Brown Girls would you like to have tea with? Whoopi Goldberg, Rebecca Walker and Oprah Winfrey. 8. What is your favorite chocolate indiscretion? I love milk chocolate iced yellow cake cupcakes. Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates are perfect! And this chocolate frosted donut at my neighborhood donut shop. 9. Currently, what is your favorite quote? When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." -Erma Bombeck 10. Okay, brownbaby, how about another one? Most things I worry about never happen anyway. -Tom Petty

1 comments:

MaG on: September 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM said...

Great post on a seemingly exceptional young lady! Definitely looking forward to hearing more from her.

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved