Blog Entries

Shine on Brown Girl!




Friday, August 06, 2010
I love love love blogging for OneBrownGirl.com®, and I don't mind speaking on camera about my OBG love affair either.  But I'm not going to lie:  I'm as vain as any other woman that's about to speak in front of a camera, so when I was asked to record my "story of re-invention" for Yahoo!'s Shine at the BlogHer Conference during my stay here in New York, I almost said no.  I had on my spare eyeglasses because my favorite ones broke; the make up artist gave me eyebrows that don't look like mine and too much doggone blush; and I'm not exactly feeling my hair (although I'm so glad I managed to get the grey out a few days ago).  And we won't talk about the 15 pounds I've put on in the last few months (she said as she put down the cheesecake) or the lame camera angle.  Ooooo, I hate how cameras tell the truth.  Being a girl is rough.
So now that I've made my disclaimer, here's a look at my Shine video.  I would appreciate it if you would close your eyes and just listen.  It'll make me feel better. 

Oh.  You thought I was done.  Not so fast.
Johnson & Johnson is here at BlogHer as well and they asked me to talk about "caring" in line with their Legacy of Caring campaign.  And since I care about giving girls a world view, I agreed to chat (yet again) on camera about OBG Adventure Camps.  As you can see by the lack of makeup (which I prefer), I did this snippet before the Shine video above.  These were also the first words I'd spoken since I woke up (jet lag hurts), so I'm rambling and ultra-corny, but hey....I won a FlipCam!


I need to lose some weight.  Ugh.

1 comments:

Anonymous on: August 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM said...

Jet lagged or not, your Grandmother would have loved this as much as I do. Forget the vanity. It's what you say and feel that matters. Guess Who?

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved