Blog Entries

It's Foodie Friday! Time for Moroccan Chicken Apple Stew




Friday, October 29, 2010
Moroccan Chicken Apple Stew
courtesy of Andrea Juarez of Forkfingers Chopsticks
When I saw this food photo, my mouth instantly began to water and I was immediately smitten.  This dish is the perfect cold weather stew with a cultural twist...just like I like it!
"Are you like the majority of Americans who only eat apples as a raw snack or in sweet dishes? If yes, you’re not alone – only a few years ago, I was the same.  More recently, I’ve taken cue from other cultures that use apples in savory dishes, much like one would use a potato – apples add a tart and sweet dimension to soups, stews and salads."  Read more of Andrea's post and find the recipe for this Moroccan delight here.  I can't wait to try it!
Andrea Juarez, a new contributor to OneBrownGirl.com®,  is a hobbyist food anthropologist who writes about different cultural uses of ingredients in her food blog Fork Fingers Chopsticks.  An award-winning writer and a former-practicing attorney, Andrea's blog is the nexus of her love for food, research and culture. With a palate for ethnic food and all things chocolate, Andrea has lived in Mexico and Italy and currently resides in Denver, Colorado where she is also a freelance writer, outdoors enthusiast and gardener.  

4 comments:

Andrea @ Fork Fingers Chopsticks on: October 29, 2010 at 10:34 AM said...

I'm thrilled to be a contributor to One Brown Girl, I am a brown girl too. Not only do I have an appetite for amazing food, but I love digging deep on the cultural and historical significance of it.

Thanks Tracy!

Unknown on: October 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM said...

Andrea! I love what you're doing, so it was a no-brainer for me to ask you to contribute! Thanks for sharing your love of culture through food. =)

Anonymous on: October 31, 2010 at 2:37 PM said...

I prepared this dish last night for dinner and it was delicious. I did it with the zuchinni and peas. It was so exciting as I have never prepared a Moroccan dish before much less used apples in any dish other than desserts. I coupled the dish with some downloaded Moroccan music to make for a complete cultural culinary experience.

Andrea @ Fork Fingers Chopsticks on: November 4, 2010 at 6:03 PM said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed. Thanks for coming back to report. FYI, if you're a lamb fan there's a similar recipe on Fork Fingers Chopsticks with lamb and pears. Although the pears are also excellent with the chicken version.

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved