Blog Entries

What a Super Sunday!




Sunday, April 22, 2012
Me & The Giorgio Armani on the beach at Galley Bay #Antigua

I have been at Galley Bay Resort & Spa in Antigua on holiday for the past week and sadly, I go home tomorrow.  This has been a rather restful vacation for me and since I was asked to write a post about it on Luxury Link, I will save the details for later.  In the meantime, feel free to check out My Love Affair With Galley Bay here

What I will tell you, however, is that it's not even 11am and it has been a Super Sunday already because this morning, I met The Giorgio Armani on the secluded beach at Galley Bay (his island home is right next door).  Not one to be star struck, I will freely admit that I was over the moon that he was kind enough to take a photo with me.  (The irony is that since I've been here, I have only taken about a dozen photos and this morning Something Told Me to bring my camera to breakfast.)  Needless to say, I am the envy of all of the guests here at the hotel that saw me approach Mr. Armani and his friends while they strolled by (which is not that many since this is not one of those mega-properties in the least).  The man is an icon.  What a Super Sunday!

Giorgio Armani's compound right outside & next door to my beachfront suite at Galley Bay.












Disclosure: There is no disclosure necessary for this post. I'm actually on vacation. #itsamiracle


6 comments:

Danica Kombol on: April 22, 2012 at 9:29 AM said...

Love this photo! Get it framed! I saw him in a cafe near his Italy beach home and regret not getting my Giorgio photo. I've been pacifying myself ever sense with the occasional purchase however!!!

Unknown on: April 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM said...

LOL @ occasional purchases. You only get one chance sometimes to get a photo with an icon, and I wasn't going to sit around like everyone else and pretend that it was no big deal. One of the guests at the hotel stopped me afterwards to say that she wishes she had been brave enough to ask him for a photo. He was gracious and very nice...so were his friends. I might just have to get that frame, Danica. That was fun!

Unknown on: April 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM said...

Okay, THIS is crazy.
I was scrolling back through my timeline on Facebook looking for something and found a note I had written on March 29, 2012 that said: "I think it would be cool to meet Giorgio Armani." On April 22, 2012, it happened. Love that!

Aqueelah on: May 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM said...

LOL I told you you're a blessed child! Always "carrying on".

Shermika on: May 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM said...

Beautiful photos! It looks like you were having a great time. That's the neat thing about travel...you get to experience new things! Look at you with Giorgio. Go girl!

Try Anything Once Terri on: May 13, 2012 at 8:55 AM said...

Umm...fabulous! Mr. Armani?! Gasp! One day I will stay at Galley Bay. One day. :)

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved