Blog Entries

Salvador da Bahia: Pelourinho's Maria Mata Mouro Restaurante




Wednesday, May 15, 2013


I don't usually do restaurant reviews, but hey.  I'm in Brazil.  

The truth is, this isn't really a traditional review anyway because I'm no Anthony Bourdain and I'm only a lightweight foodie.  It's more of a pictorial essay that depicts the ambiance and service during my memorable restaurant experience this afternoon in Salvador da Bahia's historic Pelourinho neighborhood.  I just had to share.



My husband and I were referred to Maria Mata Mouro Restaurante by the extremely pleasant concierge Josival of Pestana Conveno Do Carmo, a luxury property I visited today just for the heck of it.  You can check out my photos of this fort turned convent turned luxury property on Luxury Link by clicking here.

A short 10-minute walk from Pestana, the charming Maria Mata Mouro Restaurante  is on Rua da Ordem Terceria, just a stone's throw away from São Francisco Church and Convent. A section of this historic church is directly across the cobblestone street.


What follows is a pictorial of my lunch experience.  (I just love a Brazilian pictorial.) Get your napkin out, though, because there might be a little drooling going on.  Tchau for now! 

That's Yolanda, the hostess with the mostess.



There's an indoor dining area, but also a nice garden area as well.
This is Rocky. Best. waiter. ever.
First things first. #caipirinha

Bread dippings: Garlic butter, eggplant and codfish. Yum.
This is Moqueca, a traditional Brazilian stew.  I posted it on my Foodspotting page.




I have NEVER had a better ice cream desert in my life.
Coconut with ginger. OMG.
Also on Foodspotting.
My husband's the coffee drinker. He says Brazilian coffee is wonderful and not that expensive.
Me and Yolanda, the hostess, being friendly.  Everyone was so warm and nice!
Pit stop on the way out.
My last look until next time.

Told you.

0 comments:

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved