Blog Entries

Life in a Day




Saturday, July 16, 2011

Funny how one little trip to Vancouver last month has changed so many little things in my life.  Traveling to Vancouver for TBEX not only inspired me to throw myself into The Passport Party Project at full throttle, but I met some inspiring and supportive travel writers/bloggers as well.  I feel different somehow.

I found the Life in a Day video clip above while surfing around on Jen Pollack Bianco's Huffington Post Travel bio, which led me to Tablet Talk (and ultimately to Tablet Hotels) where this video is posted.  (Although Jen and I met at TBEX, our most recent conversation was re-ignited on Facebook when I posted a mad-tweet about a guy throwing around inaccurate passport stats via Huffington Post.  Grrrr.) 

Like a number of other travel junkies with philanthropy in their hearts, Jen believes in The Passport Party Project; so we're making plans to connect face-to-face.  I thought I'd be nosey and get to know her before I got to know her and being nosey (many call it research) resulted in finding out about this extremely cool YouTube documentary that I'm looking forward to viewing when it premieres July 29.

On July 24, 2010, thousands of people around the world uploaded videos of their lives to YouTube to take part in Life in a Day, a historic cinematic experiment to create a documentary film about a single day on earth.
Now, it's time to watch their story unfold on the big screen.
Directed by Oscar winner Kevin Macdonald, Life in a Day wowed audiences at the Sundance, Berlin and SXSW film festivals and during its YouTube world premiere in January. This summer, you'll be able to watch the movie in a theater near you.

What a unique way to celebrate diversity around the world.  Just brilliant.

1 comments:

Indigene on: July 26, 2011 at 1:31 AM said...

My daughter and I love your blog! As a mom, sharing things like yours from my past doesn't mean the same thing to your teen as them seeing someone they admire speaking it! So with my hands clasp together and my head bowed, my soul says hello to your kindred soul! :) My daughter and I read your blog consistently and nod our heads in glee because there are other brown girls like us, that think like us, travel like us and celebrate like us! Bravo dear one, bravo!

 

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!

Looking For A Speaker to Chat With Your Youth Group About The World of Travel? Book Tracey today!
Please send inquiries to info@OneBrownGirl.com. Complimentary passport photos for all of the kids in your group! Photo: Paris, France (2012)

The Danger of a Single Story

It's a Carnival!

Just finished reading...

Just finished reading...
5 Stars!

Followers

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!

The Chit Chat is going down on Facebook!
1700+ OBG Advocates!

Travel Enthusiasts Use Social Media...

On the OBG Bookshelf

Blog Archive

Fortune Enough to Travel?

The Sweetest Trip Around The World...


Copyright © 2010 • Tracey Friley's OneBrownGirl.com® - Culture. Diversity. Humanity. Travel. • All rights reserved